Please Read Carefully, Keep This Page For Your Records
In order to keep from passing the cost of processing a staff/counselor application on to the campers we charge a non-refundable application fee of $50. Parents, Grandparents and Legal Guardians of campers will enjoy a 50% deduction on camper fees at the camp(s) for which the staff person/counselor is present. Please register your children early to avoid late fees and choose the discounted staff/counselor rate at registration. Refunds for any reason will not be issued.
- 1st & 2nd Grade Camp - June 16-18
- 3rd & 4th Grade Camp - July 18-21
- 5th, 6th & 7th Grade Camp - July 11-15
- Day Camp - Jul 27-28
Attendance at one of the Camp Counselor & Staff Orientations is Required
- Saturday, June 4 from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. at location TBD
- Monday, June 13 from 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m at Topeka location TBD
- Saturday, June 25 from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. at Central Church of the Nazarene
The qualifications of a camp counselor/staff are:
- Please Submit application by May 1st
- Must by 19 years of age
- Wait for completed background check to be submitted to the Registrar (this information will be forwarded to the camp coordinator)
- Be ready at any random moment to play, eat, laugh, & worship with our campers!
- All hands on deck - be ready to serve one another at all times.
The responsibilities of a camp counselor are:
- Consider your abilities to pray with a child, lead your cabin group in bible exploration & spiritual conversation, &/or share your faith experience with campers--A counselor would be expected to be comfortable with all of these.
- Hang with your campers--being responsible for their safety and connectivity.
- Accompany campers to activities & be ready to interact with them.
- View mealtime as a “family time”; sit together, talk together & be together.
Location & Directions of 1st & 2nd grade camp:
- Miracle Hills Ranch is located in Bethany, MO
- Miracle Hills Ranch has facilities for chapel, swimming, waterslide, crafts and canoeing
- Take I-35 North to Exit 88, this is Hwy 13. Turn left on Hwy 13 and go about 1 mile. After you cross over the second bridge, turn left at the “Miracle Hills Ranch” sign. It’s a gravel road. Continue following the “Miracle Hills Ranch” signs for about 3 miles. You’ll come straight into the campground and follow registration signs.
Location & Directions of 3rd/4th and 5th/6th/7th grade camp:
- Wheat State Camp in Augusta, KS (near Wichita)
- Campers will participate in chapel, swimming, crafts, the blob, zip line, archery, and indoor rock climbing. Paintball is available for 5th & 6th grade students only
- From I-35 South take the Andover exit. At the toll booth turn right onto 21st Street. Drive approximately 3.5 miles until you come to a stop sign. Turn right onto Santa Fe Lake Road, drive 1.5 miles until you come to the camp ground entrance on the right.
Camp or Registration Questions?
Contact Camp Coordinator: Dar Hartshorn at email@example.com
Contact Camp Registrar: Menda Tyler or Tom Barnes at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Application Fee||$ 50.00|